USA & Canada trip 2005 photoblog

Monday, November 07, 2005

Home at last

Wow, that was a long trip :) Got home two days ago (or was it yesterday? *confused* :-D) and slept for 17 hours. Was pretty dizzy from the jetlag for some time, but feels like it is over now.

Although it is really cold here and I have to wear a big winter jacket, it is really nice to be back home. Colors on the trees are beautiful here (see photos below taken out of my window) and I have enjoyed going back to good, solid danish food like dark bread and milk to recover my body back to a normal, healthy state again.

It has been an amazing trip with tons of experiences and new friends. First of all, the people who have been so kind to let me stay at their places, cannot thank them enough:

- Mike and Rebecca in Kingston
- Rich and family in Niagara Falls
- Adam in New York
- Niko in Pembroke Pines

I highly appreciate your hospitality, you are the ones who made this trip possible!

I was trying to make a list of everybody I have met on this trip but realized that it would be huge and thereby have the chance of forgetting someone. So instead, I want to say thanks much to everyone I have met along the way, all really nice people who have been kind to me and let me experience their everyday life. Come by my place any day and I will return the favor :-)

A special thanks does go out to Luis and Matt for arranging the camp despite a hurricane just leveled the area a few days before and my very good friends Adam and Christian in New York.


Tonight I will be headed to my gym, looking forward to see all my friends there again.

If any of you all wanna get in touch with me and missed my email, it is graugart@gmail.com.

Well, I guess that's it for this blog. I have really enjoyed making it, and I might continue with another one some time as it is good for practicing my photography :) I think I will end it by quoting the danish writer Hans Christian Andersen:

"At rejse er at leve"

(to travel is to live)


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home